Beginning in 2016, the First Responder Center plans to commence the activities described below in furtherance of its educational and charitable mission:
- Supporting research regarding health intervention and disease prevention for first responders;
- Promoting and enhancing technological solutions to improve the health, wellness, and operational safety of first responders;
- Developing a web-based toolbox that will assist the First Responder Community in addressing growing concerns about increased diagnosis of cancers within first responder fields of service;
- Developing and promoting behavioral health intervention programs that provide first responders with resources and support to manage issues such as post-traumatic stress disorder and suicidal tendencies;
- Creating and maintaining an online library made available to the public without any charge and containing primary and secondary research publications relating to first responder health intervention and disease prevention; and
- Providing grants and otherwise working with other charitable, educational, and governmental organizations pursuing the same or similar goals as the First Responder Center and the charitable and educational goals of its supported organization, the NFFF.